Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Doings + Currently Reading

Hi, faithful readers! (If there are any of you left, that is.) How is life?

I do have a somewhat legitimate excuse for not posting very much ... I am currently out of town! On a lovely vacation. Spending time with my one older brother and my seventeen-year-old sister and cousins and new friends. Talking and thinking and hanging out. Planning fun stuff. *grins* And reading. Erm, somewhat.

I started two novels since I've been out here, and haven't finished either of them.

Friends and Enemies {Promise for Tomorrow #1} by Terri Wangard, I am 52% through.


Love's Unfading Light {Eagle Harbor #1} by Naomi Rawlings, I am 24% through.


And I have no idea if I will actually read either of them to the end. I don't have a huge interest in doing that particular thing. I guess I liked them somewhat, but perhaps lost interest?

Maybe because I read a fabulous Christian Living book, Savoring Single by Shelley Black, that bloomed in my soul a desire to read life stuff and live life, as well, haha. ^_^ Truly, this book was a invigorating read. And I will have a review up for it + some thoughts on waiting on Lady Grace, February 28th. (I believe it's getting re-published/updated or something?)


I want to enjoy this vacation to the fullest. Meet people. Spend quality time with people. Encourage and be encouraged. Go on adventures. Laugh. Talk about deep stuff. Connect. Love on people. Eat good food. Maybe buy some books. *grins*

So. Currently, I'm reading another Christian Living book called Real-Life Romance: Inspiring Stories to Help You Believe in True Love by Rhonda Stoppe. I am 59% through and it is the gem that is keeping me from being in a reading slump, I suppose! Really, it has been a good book so far, with some very beautiful stories. I look forward to sharing my review on this blog!


On YouVersion, I'm doing three devotionals: Good Morning Girls - Intentionally Focused // Interconnected // Shattering Toxic Beliefs And Discovering the Real You

All three have been quite good. I started reading through 1 Corinthians, though I haven't been reading a chapter every day. And I'm making use of my pretty prayer journal!

There's a bit of what's going on in my life.

What are you up to? Are you reading any good books - novels or Christian Living?

4 comments:

  1. Have fun on your vacation! Reading has been sporadic for me recently, but I've read a few five-star reads so far already, which has been really nice to start off the new year with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am enjoying myself. ^_^

      Guess that makes two of us, then! But that's wonderful you got to start off the year with some 5-star reads!! <3 What books were they?

      Delete
    2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer, The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson, and A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Callavero are a couple of them! I also really enjoyed Turtles All the Way Down by John Green (though only gave it 4 stars because of some issues I had with the content)

      Delete
    3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer really surprised me! I enjoyed the series. And I've loved some of Melanie Dickerson's books! :))

      Delete