Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Some Updates

Hello, dear friends. I know I haven't mentioned Silver Rose in a long while ... and there's a reason for that. Being, I haven't worked on it in a long time. In fact, I don't feel like much of a writer right now, and that's causing me no small amount of anxiety and distress.

My summer was much busier than anticipated, and I had things come up in my life that I wasn't expecting. Thus, I've had neither the emotional or maybe even physical energy to work on editing/reading through Silver Rose. And I don't believe I'll be publishing it this year as planned. *sad face*
I might want to have it go through a professional editor. Or I may just have some more trusted writer/reader friends read it, and then call it good. I don't know. But at this point, it's on hold.

I've been struggling a lot with anxiety. And lots of emotional stuff. I've had to put things aside and really focus on life and family right now. I'm devoting more time to prayer (which helps with my anxiety). I'm helping with homeschooling and housekeeping. I've had doctor appointments and started new diet and exercise plans.

I hope I can start writing a little bit here and there again, but for now Silver Rose, at least, is on hold. I'm sorry to anybody out there who might actually still want to read it.

I'm realizing I need to take time to be still and have quiet and pray and sing and just breathe.
I like to color in adult coloring books. And also listen/sing along to worship and inspirational songs.

Here are some songs that I'm loving:


Holy Spirit cover by Carrollton


Shelter by Carrollton


I Have This Hope by Tenth Avenue North


The Struggle by Tenth Avenue North


Time to Be Well by Jenny Simmons


Be My Healer by Jenny Simmons


Hills and Valleys by Tauren Wells


O'Lord by Lauren Daigle


In Christ Alone cover by Anthem Lights


Good, Good Father cover by Anthem Lights


You're Not Alone by Owl City

I did a quick photo shoot with my sister the other day. Here are just a couple ... my new author pic and some fun/silly ones. *smiles*

I love my babies *laughs*

... And hugging my little sister, whom I love. Okay, I love ALL my siblings - she's just the one who I happen to get pictures with. *grins*


I'm currently reading Many Sparrows by Lori Benton, The Road to Becoming by Jenny Simmons, Descriptions and Prescriptions by Michael R. Emlet, and A Lifelong Love by Gary Thomas.


I've been cooking/baking more, which I enjoy! It gives me a feeling of satisfaction, too. *smiles* Here are a few recipes I've made:








Baking // cooking // doing wash // teach history and spelling lessons // cleaning // snuggles with little bro // work out // reading // Bible studies // hanging out with friends // doctor visits // laughing with siblings // Facebook messages with dear friend // phone calls // shopping with mom // babysitting jobs // random trips to town for Chick-fil-A and book shopping // excitement over uncle getting engaged // talking to a cute little boy at Goodwill // long and peaceful prayer walks // dancing in the rain // breathing in the fall air ...

Life is good - despite the struggles. And God is faithful. When I speak truth over myself and realize I can trust Him, I feel oh so secure and loved.

"Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!"

1 John 3:1

Alright. That's all for now. How's life, my friends?

8 comments:

  1. I’m sorry to hear that you haven’t been feeling all that great, Shantelle! <3 I’ll be praying for you!
    I know that I would enjoy reading “Silver Rose”! :) Although I understand you needing to set it aside for now.
    I like the pictures that your sister took of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rebekah! Your prayers mean a lot.
      Aww, I'm happy to hear you say that. I hope that someday it will be available to read.

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry you're struggling with this, Shantelle! D: *hugs tight* I've gone through stages where I haven't felt much like a writer too, so let me just tell you: It's okay to take breaks. <3 I wrote this post (https://deborahocarroll.wordpress.com/2017/09/25/12-tips-for-depressed-writers/) for just such struggling writers; no idea if it helps but it's some things that help me.

    Of COURSE we still want to read Silver Rose, dear! <3 I know it can seem frustrating when these things take so much time (and when we don't know what our publishing plans will be... *raises hand*), but don't let it get to you. Please, please, do take a break. Focus on other things. Don't feel bad if you have to put Silver Rose aside for awhile. I will always, ALWAYS be a fan of it, and of you, and of writer-you, but I and others do understand that if you can't work on it right now, that's OKAY. I believe it's a beautiful book, with so much good and Truth and just enjoyment in it too, and I believe God has a plan for you and your writing, and if that plan includes you taking a break and relax and not feeling guilty over it, then GO FOR IT! :)

    Praying for you, dear. *hugs you very tightly* I'm always here if you need to talk. :) Take a break, and I pray you feel better soon. <3 I love you! Take care of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much for this comment, Deborah! Sorry I took so long to reply! Just know that when I read it, it made me tear up a little. :')

      Ah, just read your post, and it was beautiful! Definitely encouraged me. You're so sweet! ^_^ I know I read a post somewhat similar ... about your writing journey and stuff ... a long time ago and I was like: "How did she just take exactly what I'm feeling and thinking and going through and put it into words??" It feels good to be understood.

      THANK YOU! *tears* *hugs* It blesses me so much that you're still a fan of my little old Silver Rose and that you took the time to write this comment and encourage me. And that you're praying for me! Means so much to me, my dear friend. Love you too! <33333 *hugs again* I hope you're doing well!! Your comment, posts, and YOU have given me hope. :)) God bless you, Deborah! And your writing! ^_^

      Delete
    2. *HUGS* You're not alone, my friend! <3 ALWAYS a fan. ^_^ I hope you will hold on to your writing dream and I know that God can turn it into a dream not imagined. ;) God bless you too! I'm here for you! <3

      Delete
  3. Aw! I'm so sorry that Silver Rose won't be published this year like you'd hoped! :( And that's especially sad that you haven't been feeling wonderful! *hugs tight* I hope you feel fantastic soon!!!! <3

    I totally get anxiety and those pesky emotions. And I second Deborah's comment; her post is super helpful, whether one's dealing with depression or not! :)

    I'm so glad that you're finding time to breathe! That's super helpful, particularly when anxiety's an issue. <3

    Feel better soon, my friend! I'm praying for you and Silver Rose! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I love those pictures of you! You're so gorgeous!! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Liv! *big hug*

      Thank you for taking the time to comment and encourage me ... and pray for me! I appreciate it so very much! :)

      Hopefully someday I'll be able to publish and share Silver Rose. :)

      Aww... thanks! *blushes* ^_^

      Thank you, again, for your encouragement and prayers, my dear!

      Delete